Sunday, September 26, 2010

Review: Flourish Vanilla Amber & Woodsmoke and Vanilla


The great thing about having online friends who are also perfume junkies is that you hear about all these fantastic perfume shops you may never find on your own. (The bad thing about having online friends who are also perfume junkies is that you hear about all these fantastic perfume shops you may never find on your own.) It is the Girl With The Curious Nose who is responsible for my latest discovery (and everyone else's apparently - I'm seeing reviews and mentions of this Etsy store everywhere lately) - Flourish Bath and Body. I had a bit of a rave the other day about Almond Milk, and today I'm going to do the same about my other two favourites. (Yes, it's the same photo - you're getting stock footage. I had originally intended to review all three at the same time but I felt that Almond Milk deserved its own spotlight.)

Vanilla Amber has a gorgeous warm vanilla note - a tiny bit  sweet, but not "lollyish". The additional warmth from the amber makes this a scent you just want to curl up in. It's comforting and delicious, like a hot, sweet drink when you're sitting inside in a nice, toasty room and outside it's pouring rain. There's a little dash of spice sprinkled on top, but nothing overpowering. Vanilla and amber is a pretty common combination of scent notes, and this is one of the best versions I've ever smelled. If you're a fan of these kinds of scents, it's definitely a must-try.


Woodsmoke and Vanilla is quite masculine. You know that smell you get on your clothes when you stand around a bonfire? It's like that, only sweeter and deeper - like a bonfire made from a really complex, sweet-smelling wood. It's very interesting and unusual, and the smoky notes are quite strong, so it's not for the faint-hearted. I love it.


Overall, I'm really impressed with the Flourish vanilla scents - all three I have tried are just gorgeous. As with the Almond Milk, these two are definitely on my full bottle must-buy-as-soon-as-possible list.

5 comments:

  1. Woodsmoke Vanilla is lovely!! I need an FB of that too, haven't yet tried Amber Vanilla but it will go up to the top of my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to have to try Amber Vanilla soon...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, you must let me know what you think of Vanilla Amber when you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I got a sample of amber vanilla too, haven't tested it yet, can't after reading such great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look interesting, but I'm not sure that I'd wear these as a scent. Do they do them in bath and body products?

    ReplyDelete